We don't believe that uniqueness is what matters nowadays. Every model, every cut is already on the market in one form or another. We believe that the question of authenticity is the more important one. We don't reinvent the wheel, but we can take a product and become experts in quality and sustainability.
We choose fabrics with a certificate, manufacture under fair conditions and choose a European manufacturer with the highest standards. We use recycled cartons and compostable envelopes. Change always starts with each of us.
From a business point of view, our focus is of course on a healthy and functioning company, but not at the expense of the environment, living beings or customers. Caring for each other has never been more important than today, whether privately or professionally.
High-quality materials. sustainable. fair.
Below are some brief introductions to the certificates we work with.
What is the Global Organic Textile Standard?
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the world's leading textile standard and can be applied to all production steps in the textile value chain. GOTS enables companies to record the exact proportion of organic certified material (e.g. according to EC No. 834/2007, USDA NOP) in a product and to track it further in the production chain by ensuring the traceability of the goods and transparency in the production chain through an independent third party inspection body.
In addition, the GOTS contains requirements for chemical additives used in production, for residues in additive materials and accessories, as well as guidelines for environmental management and corporate social responsibility.
Focus of the GOTS
- Identification and traceability of the biomaterial in the product
- Definition of permitted and excluded chemical additives
- Criteria for environmental management
- Requirements for social responsibility in the company according to the criteria of the ILO
- The GOTS was founded by the Global Organic Textile Standard International
If you would like to learn more:
What is the Responsible Wool Standard?
With the development of the RESPONSIBLE WOOL STANDARD (RWS), Control Union, together with TEXTILE EXCHANGE, has created a leading standard for animal welfare in relation to wool products.
The scope of the Responsible Wool Standard covers the entire value chain. From farms to wool producers and garment factories (traceability).
The focus of RWS
- Animal welfare based on the five freedoms of farm animals (including the renunciation of mule keeping)
- Sustainable management and protection of the soil
- Full transparency in the supply chain with an integrated traceability system
- RWS is applicable to the entire global wool industry Testing and certification is carried out through annual visits to the sites to be certified. The traceability of the products is controlled by transaction certificates based on the content claim standard.
What is the Global Recycled Standard?
The Global Recycled Standard (GRS) enables companies to record and track the exact proportion of recycled material in a product throughout the entire production chain. The overarching "Content Claim Standard" of GRS defines, among other things, the traceability of goods and transparency in the production chain.
GRS also contains requirements for the additives used in GRS products as well as guidelines for environmental management and social responsibility in the company.
The standard was founded in 2008 by the controlling trade union and was handed over to the Textile Exchange in 2011, which is still developing this standard today.
Focus of GRS
- Identification and traceability of the recycled material in the product
- Define permitted and excluded chemical additives
- Environmental management criteria
- Corporate social responsibility requirements
To learn more about the different sustainability and certification schemes in the textile industry, go to https://textileexchange.org/.